Inn Marin has partnered with Green Meetings Industry Council Northern California Chapter (GMICNCC), and is dedicated to transforming,
promoting and supporting the local region as the premier green event destination through education, networking and sustainable practice.
Already a Bay Area Green Business designated by Marin County, Inn Marin was recently awarded State Certification at the Leadership Level
for California’s Green Hotel Certification program. This is the highest honor bestowed upon hotels after a rigorous inspection and Inn Marin is
the first property in California to receive this certification under the newly introduced and enhanced Green Lodging program, which is
administered by the State of California General Services Administration. This certification comes only months after Inn Marin completed its
recent green renovation.
Green Meetings Policy
- Sustainable Bamboo – Floors in all guestrooms. Bamboo is an
efficient carbon dioxide sequestering sink, converts 8 times more carbon dioxide to
oxygen than trees and returns large quantities nitrogen to the soil. Its rapid growth
insures soil stabilization.
- Low VOC Paint – used in all guestrooms.
- Cleaning Supplies – All rooms are cleaned with botanically
based environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- Laundry – All of our guest room linens are cleaned with
botanical extract formulations which allow us to eliminate bleach, hot water
and 3 rinse cycles saving energy and water as well as being an environmentally
- Recycled Paper – Toilet Paper and Paper Towels with 100%
recycled content Organic.
- Coffee – All coffee served in restaurant, banquets and lobby
is organic, shade grown and/or Fair Trade.
- Towels & Linen Re-use – Gives guests the opportunity to
do their part to reduce energy, water and detergent required for daily washings.
- Guest Amenities – EO Organic shampoo and conditioner in
wall-mounted dispensers rather than individual bottles, reducing the amount of
plastic going into landfills.
- Water Conservation – Low Flow faucets, toilets and showers.
- Recycling Containers – in Guest rooms, Meeting rooms and
throughout public spaces with back of the house recycling of glass, bottles, paper,
- Energy Conservation – Energy Efficient CFL Fluorescent Light bulbs
used in guestrooms, outdoor lighting either solar or on sensors. All computers are Energy
- Conservation – Replaced all of our office lighting with T-8 bulbs.
- Energy Conservation Guest Rooms – Installed infrared motion sensors on
all of our AC/Heaters. They have preset high and low temperatures (which are recommended by
PG&E) and the shut off the systems when guest leave the room for more than 15min. We are never
heating or cooling an empty room.
- Collateral – Printed on recycled paper.
- Water for meetings – Filtered water served in ceramic
multi-gallon container rather than individual plastic bottles. Filtered water
available in public spaces.
- Printers – Front Desk printer uses soy based ink. Copier set
for two sided printing.
We recognize that being a green business is not a destination but a journey and we
will continue to implement new green practices and improvements. Although we are small
and don’t have much economic leverage, we are constantly challenging our suppliers to
come up with greener products and systems.
Members of MPI – Meeting Professionals International – SGMP – Society of Government Meeting Professionals and GMIC – Green Meetings Industry Council